It's cool you want to know more about me. I'd love to know about you as well! So if you're reading this, please feel and reach out to me either via twitter, or any other method you see above (like right under my picture...see it?).
Tallie (Working Here)
Working as a frontend engineer @ Tallie. Some responsibilies include:
- Architect the app using JS, Knockout, CoffeeScript, Less, and many more.
- Convert bundler to webpack, optimize code to decrease page load times.
- Write & test code using Mocha, Chai.
- Participate in code reviews, lead various feature projects.
Iowa State University
Bachelors of Science in Software Engineering
I started off as Biochemitry when I first came to college, but then 3 semesters later switched to BioInformatics, and semester later switched over to Software Engineering. A long journey, but so glad I went down that path. After all, I chose my adventure ;) Some electives I chose were:
- Software Requirements Engineering.
- Software Evolution and Maintenance.
- Software Testing.
- And many more software architecture, DB design, and UI design classes.
Software Engineering Co-Op
Worked on an internal project initially, then migrated to client work. The core technology of the company was asp.net and Specflow. Accomplishments:
- Created a web application, used by a core division of the company, to help with event planning and management. Designed the application from scratch and worked on the full stack.
- Utilized popular data structures such as priority queues to improve performance, worked with agile methodologies, and practiced test driven development.
- Worked on various client projects, impacting thousands of users from many large firms. The Focus was rewards and recognition. Implemented new and improved many front-end as well as back-end features.
- Converted many linear data structures and linear sorting algorithms to trees and other non-linear sorting algorithms, where appropriate.